Porting characters to 4. edition

Skriv om ditt projekt, dela med dig av husregler.
Tandgnostr
Trakorisk Svavelskeppare

Porting characters to 4. edition

Inlägg av Tandgnostr »

Hey guys, I'm a Danish DoD fan from the days of old, and I've been following your forum for some time. A lot of good stuff here, keep it up!!

I have a question that I'm sure some of you may have run into at some point as well. Some of our characters are really old, dating back to before Expert came out. We converted those characters into Expert when we started using that, which was fairly straight forward. However, we have started using the 4. edition rules to some extent and there's one thing we can't really figure out. It's in regards to the expanded combat rules from Krigarens Handbok, which changes the combat round to "actions".

In the old rules, if your FV for longsword, for instance, was 30, you could split your attack into two attacks with FV 15 each. It doesn't appear that there's anything in the new rules that takes FV of 20+ into account. How do you take advantage of high FV values for fighters who wants to split their attacks?

Thanks!
Mikael
Admin

Re: Porting characters to 4. edition

Inlägg av Mikael »

We have let 20+ allow for one split. A combat round can have at most 6 actions, so there is a limit to what one can do in one round no matter how fast or fantastic you are.
Tandgnostr
Trakorisk Svavelskeppare

Re: Porting characters to 4. edition

Inlägg av Tandgnostr »

Yeah, I was thinking along those lines as well, but was thinking we'd let people divide up their attacks as much as they like up to 6 actions. However, that would probably put almost everyone up to 6 actions very quickly, so one may be reasonable.

Thanks for your input!
Skriv svar